Originally formed in 1987, Western Fairfax Christian Ministries (WFCM) provides compassionate, life-essential services to reduce hunger and the risk of homelessness among the working poor and those in chronic financial crises. Our mission is to provide food, clothing, financial assistance for rent and utilities, and budget planning to families in Western Fairfax County, empowering and encouraging clients to achieve financial self-sufficiency.
In FY 2013, WFCM:
- Served 745 households a total of 26,747 bags of free groceries through the Food Pantry, which is a client-choice pantry offering families the ability to select their own groceries.
- Provided 374 households emergency financial assistance for rent, utilities, medical prescriptions, and gas cards totaling $182,245.
- Provided 1,995 backpacks to 23 local schools for children on the free and reduced lunch program.
- Sponsored 1,319 individuals and families through WFCM’s Holiday Food Program.
- Had 840 volunteers, giving 15,647 hours of volunteer time to support WFCM’s client services programs, including the Food Pantry and Thrift Store.
- Operated a Thrift Store to provide quality items at bargain prices to help low-income shoppers, and to provide revenue for operating costs.
Ways for YOU to Help WFCM:
GIVE FINANCIALLY TO WFCM,
providing vital support for your neighbor’s needs. Donations may be given securely through the website or mailed to WFCM’s post office box: WFCM, PO Box 220802, Chantilly, VA 20153.
COLLECT AND DONATE
a bag of food or thrift store items, or hold a food or clothing drive to get your friends, neighbors, and co-workers involved. The need is year-round.
your time at WFCM individually or by organizing a team to come from your business, church, or community group. Our faithful volunteers donated approximately 16,000 hours last year.
school backpacks or holiday meals to families struggling in your community. Backpacks are collected in the summer, and holiday food donors are sought in the fall.
in a fundraiser to benefit WFCM. Choices include the Annual Fellowship Diner and Silent Auction, the Bread and Water Campaign, fundraising walks, runs, or team games, or host an event of your own.
For additional information about WFCM, please visit our website: www.WFCMVA.org.